Borussia Dortmund

Julian Brandt: I was left in complete shock for ten minutes by the news of Marco Roses departure

BVB Buzz

Julian Brandt has revealed that Borussia Dortmund’s decision to part ways with Marco Rose left him in complete shock.

Borussia Dortmund announced on Friday that they were parting ways with head coach Marco Rose. The news of Rose’s departure left everyone surprised, including the BVB players. And Julian Brandt has now revealed that he was in complete shock for ten minutes after reading the news.

Brandt appeared on the Kicker meets DAZN podcast, where he said that he thought the news of Rose’s exit was a joke at first.

“I was having breakfast with my girlfriend and was in complete shock for ten minutes afterwards, because I didn’t expect it at all. “I remember a buddy sending me a screenshot. My first response was, ‘The article is from Postillon (satirical German website), right?’ He said, ‘Nah, that’s the official BVB website.’”

“In the end, that’s just how the fast-paced football world can be, and it’s not my job to judge that. But I was quite surprised.”

Borussia Dortmund’s decision to make a coaching change came out of nowhere really. The BVB bosses had previously backed Marco Rose to stay in charge for next season. But following an intensive end of season analysis meeting between Rose and the BVB bosses on Thursday, the decision was made to part ways with the head coach just one year after his arrival.

Julian Brandt also felt that Rose’s project was a long-term one, and that he would be given the time to build something at Borussia Dortmund. He added that the team’s injury crises made it really difficult to find any stability in the recently concluded season.

“Because of this season, there was dissatisfaction and it is clear that it was not good enou…

What's your reaction?

Related Posts

Load More Posts Loading...No More Posts.
Leave Comment